Are you a chicken madras curry lover and you are looking for an easy and delicious chicken madrass recipe? Try this healthy chicken madrass recipe and ditch the restaurant-bought food. This chicken madras curry is supremely mouth-watering. The chicken madra is loaded with aromatic spices and small pieces of chicken.
Chicken Madras Curry Recipe
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 400 grams can chopped tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- Thumb-size wedge of ginger
- ½ red chili
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1-2 teaspoon hot chili powder (or according to taste)
- Small pack chopped coriander
- Naan, rice or mango chutney for serving
- Blend onion, garlic, ginger and ½ red chili in a food processor till it becomes a coarse paste.
- In a large saucepan, heat vegetable oil and add the paste, cook for 5 minutes until softened. Add a splash of water if the paste starts to stick to the pan.
- Pour in turmeric, ground coriander, ground cumin, and hot chili powder and mix well, cook for a few minutes to toast them a bit, then add chicken breasts and stir well to make sure that everything is covered with spice paste.
- Cook the chicken thoroughly until it turns pale; add a splash of water if it sticks to the bottom of the pan.
- Add chopped tomatoes and a pinch of salt, cover it with lid and cook for 30 minutes on low heat until the chicken is soft.
- Stir in a small pack of coriander and serve hot chicken madras curry with naan, rice or mango chutney.
More Healthy Recipes