The best mince and cheese pie recipe is a tasty and family-friendly dinner for Christmas.
Made up savory beef mince, crunchy flaky pastry with a few herbs, and melted mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
Honestly, it’s a superb crispy and cheesy match! It will definitely be your new favorite recipe.
Best Mince And Cheese Pie Recipe
- 2 sheets frozen butter puff pastry
- 1lb / 500g ground beef / beef mince
- ⅓ cup / 40g flour
- 2 cups / 500ml beef stock
- 3 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon oil
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
Mince Pie Filling
- Take a frying pan and place it on medium heat. Add garlic and oil to the frypan while it’s warming up and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the beef to the pan and set the heat to high. With the help of a wooden spatula, break the mince and stir frequently until it becomes brown.
- Set the heat to low and add the soy sauce, mustard, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce and stir to mix.
- Dust the flour over the beef and cook for a few minutes while stirring. The mixture will become a little thick and stodgy, but this is fine.
- Add half of the beef stock into the frying pan slowly and mix. Immediately the beef mixture must start to thicken up. Once mixed, pour in the remaining half.
- Set the heat to low and stew the beef mince filling until thickened for about 30 minutes to an hour, stirring infrequently.
- Fully cool the mixture before filling in the homemade mince and cheese pie for best results.
- Take out the frozen puff pastry sheets and defrost at room temperature when you are ready to make the easy mince pie recipe.
- To fit the sheets in your pie pans, roll the sheets a little thin and cut 4 rounds of every sheet. In the pie pans, place the pastry and put the beef mince filling into them.
- Top the pies with shredded Mozzarella and Cheddar cheese and top with the second round of pastry.
- To seal the filing in pies, fold the overhang of pastry from the bottom over the crest.
- Prick steam holes into the crest of every pie to escape the steam. Keep in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before baking to chill.
- Preheat the oven at 200°C and place the pies in the oven and bake until the pies are golden brown and cooked through for about 20-25 minutes.
- Let the best mince and cheese pie recipe cool for about 5-10 minutes before serving. Store the leftovers in the refrigerator for 4 days.