The meatballs on a stick is a classic, delicious, and quick meal, party food, or a unique appetizer. The meatball sub on a stick recipe is a fun “twist” on classic sandwiches, and it uses Turkish meatballs.
The meatball sandwich on a stick is oh-so-yummy as well as low in fat. It only takes 30 minutes to put homemade meatball subs on the table. I am sure your kids will love them, and your husband will fantasize about them.
They have a perfect flavor, and the presentation is super adorable. The garlic butter meatball subs on a stick will be the star of the feast. The best thing is that they are incredibly easy to make.
Meatballs On A Stick Recipe
- 1 lb lean ground turkey/ ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 can Pillsbury original breadsticks
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried Basil
- 12 (10″-12″) wooden skewers
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley or 1/4 cup fresh chopped
- Marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine ground turkey, garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes, basil, bread crumbs, parsley, and parmesan cheese in a bowl and shape into 1-inch meatballs.
- Open can of breadsticks and thread one end of breadstick on the skewer, add meatball, repeat the process with more meatballs and end up with the dough.
- Place on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes until the meatball on a stick are cooked completely. Remove from oven and sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on top of each skewer. Again, place in the oven for 2-3 minutes until cheese melts.
- Serve meatballs on a stick and marinara sauce. Enjoy!
More Healthy Recipes