Mango and chicken are a persuasive combination. This best Indian mango chicken curry recipe is supremely easy, healthy, and mouth-watering. Mango puree is used for making incredibly sweet, spicy, and aromatic curry sauce.
I use frozen mangoes to give Thai mango chicken curry the perfect sweetness. This delicious mango butter chicken can surely become your family’s favorite.
Best Indian Mango Chicken Curry Recipe
- 2-pound chicken breast, diced into bite-size pieces
- 16 ounces mango chunks defrost if frozen
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup coconut milk or cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds or cashews
- Cilantro for garnish
- In a bowl, mix the marinade ingredients with chicken. Cover up and refrigerate for 1 hour, up to 24 hours, or overnight.
- Purée mangoes and put them aside.
- In a large skillet or fry pan, heat the oil over high heat. Add the marinated chicken and cook until chicken is white overall for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Mix in the mango purée, salt, and sugar and stir to combine well. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes uncovered until the sauce thickened.
- Season with salt to taste if needed. Whisk in the cream and simmer for further 5 minutes then, remove from heat.
- Garnish with chopped nuts and cilantro leaves. Serve with fried rice or steamed jasmine.