Mango and chicken are a persuasive combination. This best Indian mango chicken curry recipe is supremely easy, healthy, and mouth-watering. Mango puree is used for making incredibly sweet, spicy, and aromatic curry sauce.
I use frozen mangoes to give Thai mango chicken curry the perfect sweetness. This delicious mango butter chicken can surely become your family’s favorite.
Table of Contents
Best Indian Mango Chicken Curry Recipe
- 2-pound chicken breast, diced into bite-size pieces
- 16 ounces mango chunks defrost if frozen
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup coconut milk or cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds or cashews
- Cilantro for garnish
- In a bowl, mix the marinade ingredients with chicken. Cover up and refrigerate for 1 hour, up to 24 hours, or overnight.
- Purée mangoes and put them aside.
- In a large skillet or fry pan, heat the oil over high heat. Add the marinated chicken and cook until chicken is white overall for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Mix in the mango purée, salt, and sugar and stir to combine well. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes uncovered until the sauce thickened.
- Season with salt to taste if needed. Whisk in the cream and simmer for further 5 minutes then, remove from heat.
- Garnish with chopped nuts and cilantro leaves. Serve with fried rice or steamed jasmine.