Authentic Spanish seafood paella recipe is a favorite summer dish in Spain because it brings the whole family together to the dining table and always makes unforgettable memories.
The white fish paella is rich in delicious, coastal flavors, and trust me or not; it is super simple to prepare. To cook this mouthwatering dish, you need basic ingredients from your kitchen like vegetables, seafood, chicken, stove top rice, and saffron.
Table of Contents
Authentic Spanish Seafood Paella Recipe
- 1 onion, diced
- 8 oz. tomato sauce or 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- Bay leaf
- 1 pinch saffron threads
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup peas
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ½ lb jumbo shrimp or prawns
- ¼ cup leaf parsley, chopped
- 8 oz. calamari rings
- 1/2 lb mussels
- 2 cups Spanish rice
- 5 cups chicken broth
- Lemons for garnish
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup white wine
- Add olive oil to a skillet or 13-inch paella pan over medium to medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, garlic, and onion and cook until onion is translucent. Put pepper, salt, paprika, saffron, bay leaf, and tomatoes in the pan. Mix frequently and cook for about 5 minutes. Now, pour in white wine and cook for 10 minutes. Taste and add sea salt if required.
- Add chicken pieces, rice, and 2 tbsp parsley to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Put the broth gradually all around the chicken and seafood paella pan and shake it to get the rice into an even layer.
- Now, wait for the mixture to boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low. Gently jiggle the pan back and forth just twice or thrice during cooking.
- Cook for at least 15 to 18 minutes, and then add calamari, mussels, and shrimp into the pan. Then, add peas and cook for about 5 minutes. Most of the liquid will be soaked up, and the rice at the top will be tender. If the rice is still not cooked, add ¼ cup water or chicken broth and cook.
- Remove the authentic Spanish seafood paella recipe pan from heat and cover it with tinfoil or lid. Put a kitchen towel over the tinfoil or lid and let it rest for approximately 10 minutes.
- Garnish this tasty dish with lemon slices and fresh parsley. Enjoy.