These sweet and sour meatballs with pineapple chunks is made with frozen meatballs. Slow cooker sweet and sour meatballs are covered in a crazy delicious homemade sweet and sour sauce.
These sweet meatballs are a perfect appetizer or you can also serve them in dinner with rice or noodles. I’m 100% sure that not only adults but kids will also enjoy eating these tasty sweet and sour meat balls.
Sweet And Sour Meatballs With Pineapple Chunks
- 25 all-purpose meatballs
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 1/4 cups pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions for garnish
- 1/2 cup brown sugar loosely packed
- 1 cup drained small pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Rice for serving
- In a large skillet, add 2 cups of pineapple juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, ketchup, and vinegar, place over medium high heat and bring to boil.
- Mix ¼ pineapple juice and cornstarch in a small bowl, whip to remove all lumps. Mix into the skillet and add meatballs. Bring to a boil. Cover with lid and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until sauce is thick and meatballs are thoroughly heated.
- Mix in the pineapple chunks. Serve hot sweet and sour meatballs with pineapple chunks with rice and enjoy.
More Healthy Recipes