The best chocolate fudge cake recipe in the world—the easiest, quickest, and best chocolate mud cake ever! Concealed in creamy chocolate buttercream, with a seamless balance of fluffy and fudgy.
Two thick layers of this rich, decadent, and Keto german chocolate cake recipe that sticks to your fork, paired with an amazing frosting—heaven!
This ultimate chocolate fudge cake will surely satisfy your chocolate cravings. The moist chocolate fudge cake recipe is extremely forgiving and virtually foolproof.
Best Chocolate Fudge Cake Recipe In The World
- 1 and ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup salted butter or unsalted butter + 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 and ¼ cups white or brown sugar, caster or superfine
- 3 oz dark melted chocolate or ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa power
- 2 and ½ cups all-purpose or plain flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup boiling hot water
- 1 cup sour cream
Dark Chocolate Fudge Frosting
- 4 oz chocolate chips or 4 squares of dark chocolate
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 3 and ¾ cups of powdered sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup unsalted butter
Easy Moist Chocolate Mud Cake Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly lubricate an 8-inch round cake pan with vegetable oil and line with parchment paper. Then, again spray cooking oil.
- Take a medium-sized container, beat together the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Add sugar and eggs to a large container and beat for up to 5 minutes. Put melted chocolate and vanilla essence. Pour dry batter consecutively with sour cream and then add boiling water and mix everything to combine well.
- Transfer the mixture into prepared cake pans and bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the moist chocolate cake recipe with oil comes out clean.
- If making chocolate peanut butter filled cupcakes, bake for 20 minutes or until the toothpick comes out semi-clean with a minimal amount of cake due to the fudgy consistency.
- Bring pans of moist chocolate mud cake recipe out of the oven and allow them to cool for at least 10 minutes.
Chocolate Fudge Frosting
- Melt chocolate chips or dark chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute. Mix until smooth and stir in softened salted or unsalted butter. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add powdered sugar, vanilla essence, and milk, and then combine the chocolate batter.
- Place the bowl on ice and beat with an electric beater until thickened to a spreadable consistency.
- Spread it over the best chocolate fudge cake recipe in the world—tops, and sides with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Serve to your loved ones and enjoy.