Salted strawberry cookies from scratch are the simplest and easiest to make. They are naturally pink, chewy, and soft. Also, they have a distinctive flavor, flair, and texture.
Strawberry cookies no cake mix are loaded with almost three times the strawberries and they lean toward the sweeter side.
On top of the vegan cookies, I love sprinkling Himalayan sea salt for a perfect contrast of flavor and an additional hit of color. Salt on the frozen strawberry cookies top makes them more special.
Salted Strawberry Cookies From Scratch
- 2 sticks vegan plant-based butter
- 1 and ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, chopped
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon flakey Himalayan pink salt for topping
- Finely cut the strawberries until they are macerated using a knife. You can rely on a blender to turn them into a puree, just ensure not to add any additional liquid.
- Put the strawberries and any extra juice in your mixer’s bowl. Add sugar and butter. Put on the paddle attachment, and activate your mixer on low speed to break the ingredients apart.
- Afterward, change the speed from low to medium to beat everything together. Allow it to beat for 5 minutes or until the blend is fluffier and lighter.
- While the mixer is beating, mix together the baking powder, salt, and flour.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in two rounds. Take advantage of a spatula to fold in the dry ingredients. Do this lightly to guarantee the dough is lighter.
- Put chocolate chips in the mixture and mix again. The dough will be wet, and it is a fantastic thing.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit; store the strawberry cookies from scratch dough in the refrigerator while the oven preheats.
- Bake easy strawberry shortcake cookies for 15 minutes or until the bottoms turn golden.
- Take them out from the oven and give them a slap on the countertop to aid them in depuffing and spreading out. This is an important step unless you want puffy cookies.
- To generate a circle, use a big cup to swirl around the edges of the strawberry shortcake cookies with white chocolate chips. Allow them to cool for a couple of minutes and serve.