Are you looking for a simple and tempting Thanksgiving side dish? If so, you must give a shot to this easy stove top candied yams recipe using canned yams.
The yams are prepared with a perfect blend of butter, brown sugar, warm cinnamon, and nutmeg.
I am sure you will love this traditional candied yams recipe on stove recipe with brown sugar that is slowly cooked in an electric skillet or on the stove top.
With buttery caramel toffee flavor, the yams become so sweet, citrusy, and tender. Moreover, these babies taste absolutely incredible.
This recipe for stovetop candied yams helps you to make a perfect inexpensive side dish for Thanksgiving or any time of the year.
Stove Top Candied Yams Recipe
- 4 large yams
- 2 cups brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Rinse, peel, and cut yams into ¾ inch slices.
- Melt butter over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- In a skillet, place slices of yams in a single layer and cook each side for 10 minutes.
- Combine together, nutmeg, brown sugar, and cinnamon and sprinkle over yams.
- Decrease the heat to medium, and allow simmering for 30-35 minutes, basting often, or until stove top candied yams recipe are soft but firm.