In my never-ending search for the perfect recipe to add to my baking portfolio, a sour cream chocolate chip bundt cake caught my eye. I was excited to give it a shot, and fortunately, it exceeded expectations!
Everyone is delighted with its deliciousness whenever I bake this moist and chocolaty delight. In this article, I’m pleased to share the recipe and offer helpful advice on creating an amazing bundt cake every time.
Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake Recipe
- 2 1/4 cups (317g) cake flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 8 tbsp (113g) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups (322g) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup (8 oz) sour cream
- 1/2 cup (118ml) buttermilk
- 1/2 cup (118ml) vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Begin by ensuring that all your ingredients are at room temperature or relatively close.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and place the rack in the middle of it. Get a 10-inch bundt tin (preferably nonstick) and brush some softened butter within it, then thoroughly dust it with flour and tap away any extra amount of flour present.
In a small mixing bowl, blend together baking powder, baking soda, flour, and salt until they mix nicely together.
- Take a large mixing bowl with a hand or stand mixer armed with the paddle attachment and cream the sugar and butter together until they are wholly combined and seem fluffy and white, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in one egg and vanilla essence on medium speed. When the egg is completely mixed in, beat in another one and repeat. Scrape the bowl’s bottom and sides to guarantee everything is combined.
- Using the mixer on low speed, beat in one-third of the flour mixture, followed by half of the buttermilk mixture. Repeat, and then put the remaining flour and chocolate chips and mix on low speed until the flour’s last streaks vanish.
- Pour the batter of chocolate chip coffee cake loaf into the prepared bundt tin and smooth it out evenly. Take a butter knife and make a shallow circle in the mixture around the bundt ring’s center.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until the sour cream chocolate chip bundt cake is golden brown on the crown, the center bounces back when gently pressed, and a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out with only some crumbs.
- Let the cake cool in its pan for at least ten minutes. Firmly hold a cooling rack on the tin’s top, and with the help of a kitchen towel or oven mitt, flip both the container and cooling rack simultaneously to invert the cake onto the rack. Lift the tin off and permit the cake to cool thoroughly before slicing and serving.
Tips And Tricks To Bake The Perfect Easy Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake
Baking a moist chocolate chip pound cake can be complicated; however, with these tips, you will be an expert in a short time.
- Guarantee your ingredients are at room temperature before you commence baking. This will guarantee everything mixes together uniformly and smoothly.
- Avoid overmixing your mixture. After adding the sour cream and flour mixture, mix until just combined. Overmixing can lead to a tough cake.
- Lubricate the pan well to inhibit sticking. You can also dust some flour or cocoa powder for additional insurance.
- Permit your cake to cool in the pan for a minimum of 15 minutes before removing it. This will aid it in holding its shape and stop it from falling apart.
- Don’t hesitate to get creative with your decorations. Dust the cake with powdered sugar, drizzle chocolate sauce, or top it with fresh blueberries or raspberries.
Variations To The Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake Recipe
While the super moist chocolate chip bundt cake recipe is mouthwatering as it is, there are some variations you can try to mix things up:
- Swap out the chocolate chips for chopped nuts or white chocolate chips.
- Add nutmeg or cinnamon to the mixture for a warm and spicy flavor.
- Use a different kind of extract, such as peppermint, coconut, or almond, rather than vanilla.
- Top the cake with a glaze created from milk and powdered sugar. You can also incorporate a flavor extract to the glaze to take it to the next level.
Serving Suggestions And Storage Tips
This sour cream chocolate chip bundt cake is impeccable for any event, from a casual afternoon snack to a fancy dinner party. Here are a few serving suggestions and storage guidelines:
- Dust some powdered sugar over the top of the cake before serving to create an elegant look.
- Pair with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream to delight everyone.
- Retain the freshness of remaining slices by placing them in an airtight box on the countertop, where they will stay nice for up to 3 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I Use A Different Type Of Pan If I Don’t Have A Bundt Pan?
Yes, you can utilize a regular cake pan or a loaf pan. Just adjust the baking time accordingly.
2. How Do I Prevent My Bundt Cake From Sticking To The Pan?
Ensure you lubricate the pan well with butter or cooking spray. You can also dust it with flour or cocoa powder.
3. How Do I Know When My Bundt Cake Is Done?
Insert a wooden skewer into the cake’s center. If it comes out clean, the cake is baked. If there’s batter or crumbs on the wooden skewer, bake for a few more minutes and check again.
If you are a lover of decadent desserts, you must give a try to this chocolate sour cream coffee cake. It’s so easy to make that anyone can do it, and the heavenly flavor makes it an ideal treat for either group gatherings or just yourself. Don’t let yourself miss out – try the recipe now and be wowed!
See Some Other Amazing Recipes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Stack Cake
- Black Forest Cake
- Chocolate Cake With Mousse Filling
- Chocolate Lava Cake recipe
- Vegan Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Chocolate Yule Log Cake