Pumpkin cake roll with whipped cream filling is moist and tastes like pumpkin pie without all the work.
Perfect for fall and Thanksgiving, this mouthwatering and fluffy cake is packed with pumpkin, loads of spices, and whipped cream cheese filling.
Pumpkin cake roll with cream cheese filling recipe is a true show-stopper dessert. Best of all, easy pumpkin roll recipe using cake mix is so easy and quick to make.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE SALES LINKS. PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLAIMER POLICY FOR DETAILS.
Pumpkin Cake Roll With Whipped Cream Filling
For the Cake
- 1 tablespoon unsalted melted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Large kitchen towel
- Powdered sugar for dusting the kitchen towel
- 1/2 teaspoon homemade pumpkin pie spice
Whipped Cream Filling
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup icing/powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease the 17 ½ x 12 ½ x 1 h loaf cake roll pan and line the base with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Take a medium bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Sift the batter and set it aside.
- Put eggs and sugar in the bowl and whisk to combine with a handheld or stand mixer with the whisk attachment. Beat on medium-high speed for at least 8 minutes or until the mixture has doubled in size.
- Mix vanilla extract into the pumpkin and pour it into the egg batter in 4 additions. Beat on medium-high speed until all additions are fully integrated.
- Add 1/3 flour mixture in the pumpkin mixture and fold with gentle hands with a rubber scraper until the batter is incorporated. Sift 1/3 flour mixture more and gently fold. Repeat this process until the flour has been combined. Put the mixture into the prepared halloween pumpkin roll pan and softly spread the mixture uniformly with a spatula. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the pumpkin cheesecake roll bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger. Place it on the wire rack and allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
- Lay the kitchen towel for the cake on the shelf. Dust it with powdered sugar so that it is entirely covered. Invert the cake onto the dusted kitchen towel and leave the parchment paper on. Roll up the cake with the towel, beginning at a short end. Let it cool fully on the wire rack.
For The Filling
- Whip the heavy cream with a handheld or stand mixer with the whisk attachment until it thickens. Combine the icing sugar, vanilla extract, and banana cream cheese, and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Unroll the cake, remove the parchment paper, and then spread the cream uniformly over the cake. Re-roll the pumpkin cake roll with cream cheese filling recipe without a kitchen towel. Cover Halloween pumpkin roll and put in the freezer for 60 minutes.
- Sprinkle icing sugar on the best pumpkin roll recipe and serve to your loved ones.