These puff pastry cheese straws are a crowd-pleaser and extremely easy to make. The cheese straws are a perfect party appetizer. Only a few ingredients are required for making this cheese straws recipe.
The cheese puff pastry straws are flavored with parmesan and gruyere. They are super delicious and disappear in a flash. The keto puff pastry cheese straws are flaky and buttery.
Puff Pastry Cheese Straws Recipe
- 14-ounce box puff pastry
- ½ cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup freshly shredded gruyere cheese
- 1 large egg
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper if needed (it’s optional).
- Roll the puff pastry about 1/8-inch in thickness. Beat the egg with water and brush the egg wash on puff pastry.
- Sprinkle cheeses, paprika, and cayenne on the whole surface and press them into the puff pastry.
- Cut the puff pastry into long and ¾ inch wide strips using a knife or pizza cutter. Lay pastry strips on the baking sheet and twist each strip.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown, puffy, and crispy.
- Remove keto puff pastry cheese straws from the oven and allow it to cool. Serve and enjoy!
More Healthy Recipes