Easy to prep crispy and flaky mini vegetarian sausage rolls are perfect Christmas food.
These best vegetarian sausage rolls are mouth-wateringly delicious, stuffed with spring onion, herbs, breadcrumbs, and tangy cheddar cheese.
This amazing recipe is a party treat for vegetarians as well as meat lovers, and they can be pooped into the lunch boxes as children will them.
Check out my recipe below and see just how quick and easy vegetarian rolls are to make.
How To Make Vegetarian Sausage Rolls?
- 320 g ready-rolled puff pastry sheet
- 200 g fresh breadcrumbs
- 200 g mature cheddar cheese grated/double Gloucester
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche
- 1 large onion grated
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried mixed herbs
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- One lightly beaten free-range egg to glaze
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Grease two baking trays lightly.
- Mix together the cream, cheese, onion, paprika, breadcrumbs, black pepper, herbs, salt, and mustard powder in a large bowl.
- To make the healthy vegetarian sausage rolls cut the puff pastry sheet into three uniform-sized strips.
- Take a handful of the sausage mixture and squeeze it generously to shape, and lie it down in the middle of pastry strips.
- Brush a little beaten egg on one side of each pastry strip along the length and roll the other side over the top of the filling to join the bottom edge.
- Turn them over, so they look side down. Cut the pastry to the size of mini gluten free sausage rolls.
- With a pair of scissors, cut the pastry top of each roll two or three times.
- Place them on greased baking sheets and brush with beaten egg.
- Place the baking sheets on the top shelf of the preheated oven and bake them for 20-25 minutes until easy vegetarian sausage rolls are crispy and browned.
- Take out the vegan mini sausage rolls from the oven and serve warm or let them cool on a wire rack.
- Store the mini vegetarian sausage rolls in an airtight container.