The meatball subs on a stick is a classic, delicious, and quick meal, party food, or a unique appetizer. The meatball sub recipe is a fun “twist” on classic sandwiches, and it uses Turkish meatballs.
The meatball sandwich is oh-so-yummy as well as low in fat. It only takes 30 minutes to put homemade meatball subs on the table. I am sure your kids will love them, and your husband will fantasize about them.
They have a perfect flavor, and the presentation is super adorable. This best meatball sub recipe will be the star of the feast. The best thing is that they are incredibly easy to make.
Meatball Subs On A Stick Recipe
- 1 lb lean ground turkey/ ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 can Pillsbury original breadsticks
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried Basil
- 12 (10″-12″) wooden skewers
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley or 1/4 cup fresh chopped
- Marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine ground turkey, garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes, basil, bread crumbs, parsley, and parmesan cheese in a bowl and shape into 1-inch meatballs.
- Open can of breadsticks and thread one end of breadstick on the skewer, add meatball, repeat the process with more meatballs and end up with the dough.
- Place on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes until the meatballs are cooked completely. Remove from oven and sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on top of each skewer. Again, place in the oven for 2-3 minutes until cheese melts.
- Serve meatball subs on a stick hot with marinara sauce and enjoy.
More Healthy Recipes