Are you surfing the internet to learn how to make black forest cake at home and how to make cherry syrup for black forest cake? If so, you have come to the right place. This tasty Keto black forest cake boasts luscious chocolate cake layers with fresh cherries and cherry liqueur.
It is enclosed in heavy whipped cream and chocolate bark. It is a supremely soft, sweet, and light German chocolate cherry cake that is super easy to make and a chocolate lover’s dream.
Fresh cherries, whipped cream, and chocolate cake with cherry pie filling are a perfect match made in heaven. You must make this mouth-watering traditional black forest cake recipe when cherries are at the market.
Believe me, this gorgeous how to make black forest cake at home makes the prettiest centerpiece at a dinner party.
As this cherry chocolate cake is covered with heavy whipped cream, so you must refrigerate any leftovers. I suggest you store it in a cake carrier to lock in the moisture.
Then, put it in the fridge to keep the frosting fresh. If you are willing to make this moist black forest cake recipe ahead, you must refrigerate it until serving your guests.
How to Make Black Forest Cake At Home?
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder sifted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon salt
Cherry Liqueur Syrup
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup cherry liqueur
- ½ cup granulated sugar
Whipped Cream Frosting
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 3 cups whipping cream cold
- 250 g dark chocolate chopped
- 1 bar dark chocolate for shavings (optional)
- 2 ½ cups cherries pitted and cut in half
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Grease two 8-inch baking pans and dust cocoa powder on it. Line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add all dry ingredients and stir to mix.
- Mix all the wet ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix on medium speed for 2-3 minutes. The batter will be thin.
- Pour the batter into prepared pans and place in oven and bake for 45 minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes and remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
Cherry Liqueur For Black forest Cake
- In a small pot, pour water and sugar. Mix and bring to a boil. Simmer for 1 minute and eliminate from heat. Add the canned cherries liqueur and let it cool completely.
Whipped Cream Frosting
- Whip powdered sugar and cream until stiff peaks, preferably in a cold bowl with a cold whisk.
- Melt chocolate in 20-second bursts in the microwave or over a double boiler.
- On a large parchment paper sheet, spread the melted chocolate in a thin layer using a large spatula.
- Roll up the chocolate from the short side of the parchment paper. Put on the baking sheet and refrigerate until firm and then unroll to make chocolate bark.
- Cut each cake layer in half horizontally.
- On a serving plate or a cake stand, place one layer of cake and brush cherry syrup on it generously.
- Top with 1 cup whipped cream and spread it uniformly. Top with 1 cup cherries and softly press them into the whipped cream. Repeat the process with remaining layers and frost the outer sides of the cake.
- Decorate how to make black forest cake at home with chocolate shavings, cherries, chocolate bark, and rosettes if desired.
More Healthy Recipes