Do you want to know how to cook pasta in a skillet with sauce? The red sauce pasta recipe that I’m going to share today is very easy, healthy, and mouth-watering. This red sauce recipe is kid-friendly, so moms can make it for after school meal or dinner.
To prepare this Indian style pasta in skillet, you will need tomatoes, onion, garlic, and other herbs. This cooking pasta in a skillet recipe is super-simple, so you can easily make it at home and it is guaranteed that your family will love it.
How To Cook Pasta In A Skillet With Sauce?
- 1 ½ cup pasta
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 ¼ cup red capsicum
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon oregano or mixed herbs
- Freshly crushed pepper for garnish
- Sauté onion or capsicum in 1 tablespoon oil for 2-3 minutes on high flame. Transfer to plate and set aside for cooling.
- Add tomatoes to the same pan and roast for 2-3 minutes until tomatoes turn soft. Stir in red chili flakes and set aside to cool. When cool, transfer them to a blender jar and blend to make a smooth paste.
- How to boil pasta? Boil 2-liter water with salt in a large pot. Add pasta to it and allow it to boil. Drain when done, rinse with water, and set aside.
How To Cook Pasta In A Pan?
- Add oil in the same pan and place it on the stove. Once the oil is hot, add garlic and chili flakes and fry until aromatic.
- Add chopped onion and fry until golden brown. Pour in the tomato paste and add salt.
- Mix well and cook on medium heat until it reaches a desired thick consistency. Add oregano, mix well and remove from stove.
- Add in the cooked pasta and stir well until mixed. Garnish with pepper or herbs.
- Serve hot how to cook pasta in a skillet with sauce.