These hot ham and cheese pockets are a delicious treat for the entire family. It is guaranteed that they would love to enjoy the hot ham and cheese pockets in lunch, dinner, or as a snack. You can make your own pizza pockets by following my simplest and easiest pizza pockets recipe.
To make the homemade hot pockets, all you need is freezing pizza dough, savory ham, and melty cheese. Are you wondering how long to cook hot pocket or what is the hot pocket cooking time? Only 60 minutes are required to put these mouth-watering hot ham and cheese pockets.
The great thing is that you can freeze them in the refrigerator. You just need to wrap them in parchment paper and then put them in the freezer bag. If you want to reheat them, the hot pocket microwave time is only 1 minute.
Hot Ham And Cheese Pockets Recipe
For Pizza Dough
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup butter unsalted, melted
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- ⅔ cup lukewarm water
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
For Homemade Hot Pockets
- 8 slices medium sliced ham
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg beaten, for egg wash
- 1 tablespoon parsley dried, optional
- Mix yeast, sugar, and water in a small bowl and let the cheese rest for about 10 minutes until it dissolves and bubbling starts up.
- Add flour, eggs, butter, yeast mixture and salt in a bowl and mix for about 5 minutes. The dough should be soft, not sticky.
- If the dough is sticky, add more flour and carry on mixing until it comes clean from the sides of the bowl.
- Put the dough in an oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap and allow the dough to rise in a warm place for about an hour until it doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (350°F). Line a baking sheet using parchment paper.
- Roll out the dough about ¼ inches in thickness and 14 inches by 18 inches.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on half of the dough and place ham slices over the cheese.
- Crease the dough over the filling and you can pinch the ends together if you want.
- Slice the dough into 8 pieces and place the pizza pockets on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush with egg wash and sprinkle parmesan cheese and parsley on each pizza pocket. Allow pizza pockets to rest and let them rise a bit for about half-hour.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until it becomes golden brown. Serve breakfast hot pockets and enjoy.
More Healthy Recipes