Instant Pot chicken and rice soup recipe is one of those meals my family craves in freezing weather or when someone suffers from coughs or colds.
Asian chicken rice soup instant pot is one of the best tonics as soon as the sniffling and sneezing begin. This easiest and simplest soup is so healthy and comforting.
With warming spices and a dash of lemon, you will feel really good after eating this chicken and brown rice soup instant pot.
You can make the easy creamy chicken and rice soup in just 30 minutes, and it is gluten-free. You can eat it for lunch or dinner, and it will warm you up from the inside out.
Instant Pot Chicken And Rice Soup Recipe
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced into thin rounds
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 cups chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup white or brown rice, uncooked
- 4 teaspoons dried rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- To make the Mexican chicken and rice soup instant pot, first, select the sauté setting on the instant pot and add olive oil to the pot. Heat the oil and add the chicken breasts.
- Cook for about 3 minutes on each side. The instant pot chicken rice soup frozen chicken will be half-cooked and lightly browned on the external side. Remove the chicken and put it on a plate. Set aside.
- Put carrots, onion, garlic, and celery into the instant pot with kosher salt, rosemary, black pepper, and thyme. Cook, keep stirring, for 60 seconds.
- Add the rice and chicken broth and mix, scraping the pot’s bottom to slacken any browned bits. Add half cooked chicken breasts.
- Put the lid on the pot and ensure the regulator is in the sealing position. Choose the pressure cook or manual button, high pressure, and set the timer for three minutes.
- The pot will take 3 minutes to come to full pressure and start cooking. When the time is up, allow the pressure to decrease naturally for 10 minutes. Switch the steam release regulator to the venting position to discharge the remaining pressure.
- Shift the chicken breasts to a plate and shred them using two forks. Put the shredded chicken back into the pot and add the chopped parsley.
- Taste the instant pot chicken and rice soup with rotisserie chicken and adjust the seasonings as required.
- Put the instant pot chicken and rice soup recipe into bowls and garnish with parsley.