Grilled fish taco recipe with cabbage slaw are made for scorching summer days when you travel to beach cities where you get fresh fish easily.
Cornmeal fish tacos are seasoned with little chili powder and mixed up with onion, pineapple, cabbage, and lime juice.
Only 10 ingredients and 30 minutes are required for making this grilled fish tacos with cabbage slaw.
You can serve them with ice cold drinks and lots of laughter for a dinner. Pineapple slaw for fish tacos never tasted so good.
Grilled Fish Taco Recipe With Cabbage Slaw
- 1 pound white fish fillets
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil plus more (or other cooking oil)
- ¼ cup fine cornmeal (optional)
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup diced fresh pineapple
- ¼ cup finely diced red onion
- ¾ cup thinly shredded red cabbage
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 6 medium corn tortillas (use sub flour tortillas or grain-free tortillas as needed)
- Lime wedges
- Cut fish into long strips or small bite-size pieces and place them on a plate. Sprinkle with avocado oil and toss to coat. Season both sides freely with chili powder and salt and sprinkle with cornmeal (for added crunch optional). Once fish is seasoned, set it aside.
- For the preparation of cabbage slaw for tacos, in a medium mixing bowl, add cabbage, pineapple, lime, red onion, cilantro, and sea salt and mix well to combine. Keep it aside.
- Heat a skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush the surface with oil to avoid sticking.
- Once the pan is hot, add seasoned fish and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until the undersides of grilled tilapia fish tacos with cabbage slaw cooked. Then gently turn over using a spatula. Treat the fish carefully as white fish can be tender.
- Cook for further 1-2 minutes, until the underside has grill marks and middle appears cooked. Remove fish tacos with pineapple slaw from heat, set aside, and cover it to keep warm until serving.
- Optional: warm tortillas by wrapping in a paper towel or damp towel and heating in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Divide fish between tortillas and top with fresh lime juice and fish taco slaw.