Keto German chocolate cake recipe with cocoa powder is significantly easier to make and tastes incredible. The layers of sugar-free coconut-pecan filling and delicious German chocolate cake frosting make it a stunner for sure.
This spectacular and deliciously moist four-layer cake is low in carbs. So, you can fool your taste buds with an exceptional tasting Keto German Chocolate cake recipe with coconut flour. It makes a perfect keto birthday or wedding anniversary cake.
Keto German Chocolate Cake Recipe With Cocoa Powder
- 4 cups granulated sugar substitute
- 2 cups boiling water
- 6 eggs
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp instant espresso coffee
- 1 1/2 cups coconut flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 4 tsp of vanilla extract
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 ½ cup cocoa powder
Keto Coconut Pecan Frosting
- 1 1/2 cups toasted pecans (chopped)
- 1 cup granulated sugar substitute
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp maple extract
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sliced unsalted butter
German Chocolate Cake Frosting
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (sugar-free)
- 1 tbsp of unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F or 180 C.
- Lubricate 4-9 inch rounded pans with oil or baking spray. Then line the pans’ bottoms with parchment paper and set aside.
- Take a large mixing bowl and mix the coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, cocoa powder, and sugar substitute.
- Now, add the whipping cream with the water. Remember, the boiling water will be integrated later.
- Melt butter and set aside. Also, combine the instant espresso coffee with a cup of boiling water and put it aside.
- In the dry batter, put heavy cream and water mixture, melted butter, vanilla extract, eggs, and stir until perfectly combined with the help of a hand or electric mixer.
- Once all things are integrated, put the boiling water and mix until merged.
- Then, shift the mixture into two pre-prepared cake pans.
Sugar-Free Chocolate Ganache
- Add chocolate chips and heavy cream to a small pot and put it in the microwave for melting for about 1 to 2 minutes in 20-second intervals. Mix until fully united.
- Now, add the butter and again, stir until merged.
Keto Coconut-Pecan Filling
- Combine the refined sugar substitute, egg yolks, and whipping cream into a large-sized pot. Stir all ingredients until thoroughly incorporated.
- Stir the mixture over medium flame and then put butter slices and cook while mixing continuously until the butter is merged into the batter for about five minutes. Keep cooking while whisking for about ten minutes or until the sauce starts to boil and thickens.
- Remove it from the stove and mix in the chopped pecans and coconut flakes. Then, add vanilla and maple extract. Now, place the batter into a container. Make sure it is heat-safe. Allow it to cool wholly for about one hour.
- Once the cake is thoroughly cooled, put one of the cake layers on a large plate. You can also use a cake stand if you have it. Now, top it with half of the German chocolate cake frosting. Cautiously spread it evenly over the cake’s surface.
- Then, put the second layer over the frosting, place the remaining frosting on the crown, and spread it evenly to the edges.
- Refrigerate the German chocolate cake recipe with cocoa powder leftovers in the freezer for up to 5 days. Once sugar free German chocolate cake mix is frosted, it is better to not freeze it.