The ultra-moist and rich dark chocolate peanut butter stack cake recipe ties the knot with the flavors of sweet, creamy peanut butter and dark chocolate—a match made in heaven.
I have filled and coated the simple cake recipe with peanut butter frosting, coated the entire cake with chocolate ganache, and piped more peanut butter frosting on the crown.
Believe me, take one bite of this delicious 2 pound cake, and you will fall in love!
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE SALES LINKS. PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLAIMER POLICY FOR DETAILS.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Stack Cake Recipe
For The Chocolate Cake
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup hot coffee
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 and ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 and ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and ½ teaspoons baking powder
For Peanut Butter
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
For The Ganache Layer
- 6 ounces chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
For The Ganache Glaze
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1/4 cup roasted salted peanuts
- 4 ounces finely chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- To make the ultimate peanut butter cake recipe, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line the bottom of 4 8-inch cake pans with parchment paper, lubricate, and flour the sides.
- Take a medium bowl, add cocoa powder and hot coffee, and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Add baking powder, baking soda, sugar, all-purpose flour, and salt in a large bowl. Blend and sift the ingredients together with a whisk.
- Add vanilla essence, milk, eggs, oil, and the cocoa powder mixture to the dry ingredients. Mix on low speed for a few seconds until the dry ingredients are moist. Increase the speed to medium and beat all ingredients for 60 seconds. Scrape down the bowl’s sides and beat for another 60 seconds. The mixture will be thin.
- Transfer the mixture equally into four prepared pans and bake the cakes for 15 to 18 minutes. When a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cakes comes out clean, remove them from the oven.
- Permit the peanut butter cake recipe easy to cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then run a knife around the pans’ edges to loosen them from the pans.
- Turn the cakes upside down onto a cooling rack and eliminate the parchment paper. Let the chocolate peanut butter stack cake recipe cool completely before assembling.
For The Peanut Butter Filling
- Blend sugar, vanilla essence, peanut butter, and cream cheese until creamy and smooth. Add the whipping cream and whip until fluffy and soft.
For The Chocolate Ganache
- Add the finely chopped chocolate to a small bowl and bring the cream to a boil and drizzle over the chocolate. Cover it with a plate and let it soften for 5 minutes. Mix until smooth.
For The Chocolate Glaze
- Take a small saucepan and put it over medium heat. Add corn syrup and cream and bring to a boil, mixing to combine. Take away from the heat and add the chocolate, cover, and allow standing for 5 minutes to soften. Mix the batter until it is smooth, and then mix in the warm water until the glaze is pourable and glossy.
To Assemble The Cake
- Remove the old school peanut butter cake from the fridge and allow it to sit for half an hour at room temperature. Put the first layer on the plate and spread ¼ of the peanut butter filling.
- Spoon and spread 1/3 of the chocolate ganache. Add the next layer of cake and carry on the stacking procedure, ending with a peanut butter layer on the crown.
- Pour the ganache glaze on the layer of peanut butter in the middle, swiftly and cautiously pick up the peanut butter stack cake recipe and tilt it to let the glaze run to the edges. Keep tilting until the cake’s surface is wholly covered. It is fine if the glaze flows over and down the edges.
- Avoid using a spatula to spread the glaze, as it won’t be glossy and smooth. Allow the best peanut butter cake to sit at room temperature until the glaze is set before shifting to the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Before serving, remove the ultimate peanut butter cake recipe from the fridge and slice a ¼-inch off each side with a sharp knife.
- Sprinkle chopped peanuts over the cake’s crown and shift the chocolate peanut butter stack sweet street to a serving plate.