This vegan chocolate peanut butter filled cupcakes recipe is made from scratch with simple ingredients already available in your kitchen.
These soft, tender, and scrumptious chocolate peanut butter cupcakes are prepared with peanut butter in the mixture and are crowned with creamy peanut butter frosting with powdered sugar.
They are delicious and a perfect treat for peanut butter and cupcakes lovers. The double dose of peanut butter makes them irresistible.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Filled Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup light or dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup peanuts, finely chopped or crushed
Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting
- 3 ½ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For garnish (optional): chopped peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 177°C (350°F).
- Take muffin pans and line them with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a medium bowl,mix the flour, salt, and baking soda and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, peanut butter, oil, sour cream, vanilla extract, and brown sugar. Mix the dry ingredients, peanuts, and milk in wet ingredients and beat them until combined completely. The batter will be a little thick.
- Spoon the batter into the liners. Place in preheated oven and bake for 21-23 minutes or more if needed. Before frosting, allow the cupcakes to cool completely.
- With a handheld, beat the butter for 2 minutes until creamy on medium speed. Add confectioners’ sugar, milk, and cocoa powder. Beat for 30 seconds on low speed then add vanilla extract, salt, and peanut butter. Beat for 2 minutes on medium-high speed until combined. Add extra peanut butter or salt if needed and frost the cooled cupcakes. Garnish with peanuts if desired.
- Cover and store the remaining chocolate peanut butter filled cupcakes in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.