This classic chicken pot pie recipe is super-delicious, simple, and overloaded with flavor.
Homemade chicken pot pie with creamy chicken pot pie filling and flaky pie crust with chicken breast is the best recipe ever invented.
I use frozen and fresh vegetables, refrigerated pie dough, and fresh and dried herbs for making this mouth-watering classic chicken pot pie.
You can serve this dish in the dinner, and it is confirmed that your guests would love it.
Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast (cut into small bite-size pieces)
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- ½ cup sliced celery
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 ¼ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 unbaked pie crusts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 218°C (425°F). There should be an oven rack on the bottom rack of the oven.
- Melt butter on a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, celery, onion, garlic powder, pepper, thyme leaves, carrots, and salt in it. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked. Stir repeatedly.
- Then add flour and mix well until no dry flour left over. Slowly pour the cream and then the chicken broth. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until it becomes thick and bubbly, but stir frequently.
- Remove from heat; add flat-leaf parsley and peas in the filling. Allow it to cool for 15-30 minutes before filling the pie.
- Take a 9-inch pie plate and fit one pie crust into it. Put the cooled filling into the pie crust and then, top with the second crust; seal the edges of the pie crust and cut 3-4 slits in the top.
- Put the filled pie on the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool for 15- 30minutes. Slice and serve.
More Healthy Recipes