Italian Bruschetta chicken recipe with mozzarella cheese is an awesome substitute for a traditional bruschetta. This delightful Italian herb chicken bruschetta recipe is prepared with tender chicken breasts that are nicely layered in minced garlic and colorful spices and herbs that are grilled.
Then, baked barbecue chicken breasts are topped with fresh basil and tomatoes. A little sprinkle of balsamic glaze takes the aroma and taste to the next level. This bruschetta chicken bake recipe is rapid and easy.
So if you are busy on the weeknights, then it’s an ideal dinner recipe for you. The Italian grilled chicken is one of those meals that I love to make almost regularly when I am on a diet.
The Italian seasoning chicken has so much flavor that it does not make me feel like I’m eating “diet food.” You can enjoy this delicious Italian Bruschetta chicken recipe with mozzarella cheese in lunch or dinner.
If you are going to make chicken bruschetta recipe in lunch, don’t forget to include salad into your menu. Once you take the first bite of this mouth-watering and exotic Italian herb bruschetta chicken, I’m sure you won’t be able to stop yourself from eating it.
Bruschetta Chicken Recipe With Mozzarella Cheese
For Italian Grilled Chicken
- 2 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts halved horizontally to make 4 fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- Salt to taste
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 4 finely chopped Roma tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1/4 of a red onion finely chopped (or 3 finely chopped garlic cloves)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup freshly shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt to taste
For Balsamic Glaze
(you can use store-bought glazing)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar (optional)
- Season the chicken with garlic, Italian seasoning, and salt.
- In a skillet or grill pan, heat oil and cook chicken breasts over medium-high heat until cooked thoroughly and browned on both sides. (Cook each side for about 6 minutes). Take out of the pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix olive oil, tomatoes, red onion, and season with salt. Top each chicken breast with mozzarella cheese and tomato mixture. Serve with balsamic glaze.
- In a small saucepan, mix vinegar and sugar over high heat and boil them. Reduce the temperature to low and let the mixture simmer for about 5 to 8 minutes or until it thickens and reduced to a glaze.
Note: If you don’t have Italian seasoning, you can use Italian dried herbs or mix 1 teaspoon dried basil, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, and 1 teaspoon dried parsley together.
More Healthy Recipes