Banana cream cheesecake is my new favorite recipe. This lovely dessert can be prepared a day or two in advance.
Banana cream cheesecake is delicious, light, simple, and easy to make. I love bananas, and this recipe combines two of my favorite things: banana flavor and cheesecake.
It is creamy, smooth, and full of banana flavor. Banana cream cheese cake can be a perfect part of any meal.
Banana Cream Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 and 1/4 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 10 tbsp salted butter (melted)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp banana extract
- 678g cream cheese (room temperature)
- ¼ cup sour cream (room temperature)
- 2 medium-sized bananas (1 cup pureed banana)
- 3 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 tsp powdered gelatin
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp milk
- ¼ tsp banana extract
- ¾ tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream, cold
Whipped Cream Topping
- Freshly sliced bananas
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 163°C. Take parchment paper and line it in the bottom of a 9- inch pan and lubricate the sides.
- In a small bowl, mix the crust ingredients. Press the batter into the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
- Bake the crust for about 10 minutes, then put it aside to cool.
- With aluminum foil, cover the outsides of the pan to avoid the entrance of water from the water bath. Set prepared pan aside.
- Decrease the temperature of the oven to 148°C (300 F).
- Beat the flour, sugar, and cream cheese in a large box on slow speed until well mixed and smooth. Remember to keep the speed low to decrease the amount of air added to the mixture because air will cause cracks.
- Now, scrape down the sides of the box.
- Pour the banana extract and sour cream and mix at low speed until integrated.
- Put in the pureed banana and mix at low speed until well mixed.
- Begin adding eggs one by one, and keep mixing slowly to combine after every addition. To make sure that everything is incorporated, scrape down the sides of the box.
- Now, add the cheesecake batter into the crust.
- Bake the cake for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Remember, the center must be set, but still jiggly.
- Turn off the oven, but don’t open its door for at least 30 minutes.
- Open the door of the oven after 30 minutes and allow the cheesecake to continue to cool slowly.
- Make Bavarian cream, after the cheesecake cools down. Sprinkle gelatin onto the milk in a small bowl and put it aside.
- Beat the egg yolks in a medium-size container and set aside.
- Take a saucepan, add sugar, vanilla extract, banana extract, and heavy cream and heat them over medium heat until warm.
- Now, remove the cream mixture from heat and gradually transfer the hot cream into the eggs to temper them.
- Put back the egg and cream mixture into the saucepan and heat it again until it becomes thick.
- In hot cream, add gelatin mixture and keep mixing until smooth.
- Transfer the custard in another bowl and place it in another pot over ice and allow it to cool at room temperature.
- Combine powdered sugar and whipping cream to a large mixing box while the custard cools and whisk on high speed until firm peaks forms.
- Now, gently fold the whipped cream into the custard.
- Spread the Bavarian cream evenly on the crown of cheesecake. Put the cheesecake in the refrigerator for 5-6 hours.
- Once the cheesecake is completely cool, remove it from the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, add whipping cream, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar and beat everything at high speed until firm peaks form.
- Pipe swirls of the whipping cream around the edges of the cake.
- Then, serve it to your loved ones with sliced bananas.
- This mouth-watering and light banana cream cheesecake can be stored in the freezer for 3 to 4 days.