Banana cream cheesecake recipe is my new favorite recipe. This lovely dessert can be prepared a day or two in advance.
Fresh banana cream cheesecake is delicious, light, simple, and easy to make. I love bananas, and this cheesecake factory banana cream cheesecake recipe combines two of my favorite things: banana flavor and cheesecake.
It is creamy, smooth, and full of banana flavor. Banana cream cheesecake recipe can be a perfect part of any meal.
The Best Banana Cream Cheesecake Recipe
This banana cream cheesecake blends the love of banana flavored dessert with the classic cheesecake texture.
It’s a new favorite for anyone who’s ever enjoyed a slice at the cheesecake factory.
With fresh banana and banana Bavarian cream, it’s a slice of heaven you can now create at home.
The crust is made from vanilla wafers, offering a sweeter and more flavorful base than traditional graham cracker crumbs.
It compliments the banana flavor of the cheesecake perfectly, but a swap to graham crackers is easy if preferred.
For the filling, fresh bananas and banana extract combine to deliver a smooth banana flavor that enhances the overall flavor of the cheesecake, making it irresistibly creamy and flavorful.
Baking this cheesecake involves an extra step using a water bath to prevent the cheesecake from falling in the center, browning at the edges, or cracking.
A slow cooker liner can be a handy tool to ensure no water gets into the cheesecake.
Bavarian Cream Topping
The Bavarian cream topping is what sets this cheesecake apart from others, offering a smooth, creamy texture and amazing taste.
It’s a favorite part of the cheesecake for many, made with gelatin and whipped cream to lighten it before spreading evenly over the cooled cheesecake.
Top the banana cream cheesecake with whipped cream and fresh sliced bananas before serving.
It’s guaranteed to be a hit with the family, as evidenced by my brother who couldn’t help stealing bites from his daughter’s slice!
Banana Cream Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 and 1/4 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 10 tbsp salted butter (melted)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp banana extract
- 678g cream cheese (room temperature)
- ¼ cup sour cream (room temperature)
- 2 medium-sized bananas (1 cup pureed banana)
- 3 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 tsp powdered gelatin
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp milk
- ¼ tsp banana extract
- ¾ tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream, cold
Whipped Cream Topping
- Freshly sliced bananas
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 163°C. Take parchment paper and line it in the bottom of a 9- inch pan and lubricate the sides.
- In a small bowl, mix the crust ingredients. Press the batter into the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
- Bake the crust for about 10 minutes, then put it aside to cool.
- With aluminum foil, cover the outsides of the pan to avoid the entrance of water from the water bath. Set prepared pan aside.
- Decrease the temperature of the oven to 148°C (300 F).
- Beat the flour, sugar, and cream cheese in a large box on slow speed until well mixed and smooth. Remember to keep the speed low to decrease the amount of air added to the mixture because air will cause cracks.
- Now, scrape down the sides of the box.
- Pour the banana extract and sour cream and mix at low speed until integrated.
- Put in the pureed banana and mix at low speed until well mixed.
- Begin adding eggs one by one, and keep mixing slowly to combine after every addition. To make sure that everything is incorporated, scrape down the sides of the box.
- Now, add the cheesecake batter into the crust.
- Bake the cake for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Remember, the center must be set, but still jiggly.
- Turn off the oven, but don’t open its door for at least 30 minutes.
- Open the door of the oven after 30 minutes and allow the cheesecake to continue to cool slowly.
Banana Bavarian Cream Recipe
- Make Bavarian cream, after the cheesecake cools down. Sprinkle gelatin onto the milk in a small bowl and put it aside.
- Beat the egg yolks in a medium-size container and set aside.
- Take a saucepan, add sugar, vanilla extract, banana extract, and heavy cream and heat them over medium heat until warm.
- Now, remove the cream mixture from heat and gradually transfer the hot cream into the eggs to temper them.
- Put back the egg and cream mixture into the saucepan and heat it again until it becomes thick.
- In hot cream, add gelatin mixture and keep mixing until smooth.
- Transfer the custard in another bowl and place it in another pot over ice and allow it to cool at room temperature.
- Combine powdered sugar and whipping cream to a large mixing box while the custard cools and whisk on high speed until firm peaks forms.
- Now, gently fold the whipped cream into the custard.
- Spread the banana Bavarian cream cake recipe evenly on the crown of cheesecake. Put the cheesecake in the refrigerator for 5-6 hours.
- Once the best banana cheesecake recipe is completely cool, remove it from the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, add whipping cream, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar and beat everything at high speed until firm peaks form.
- Pipe swirls of the whipping cream around the edges of the cake.
- Then, serve it to your loved ones with sliced bananas.
- This mouth-watering and light banana cream cheesecake factory recipe can be stored in the freezer for 3 to 4 days.
Tips And Tricks For Perfect Fresh Banana Cream Cheesecake
- Top your banana cheesecake recipe cheesecake factory with a drizzle of chocolate or caramel sauce for that extra flavor. It’s a simple touch that elevates the dessert to a new level of deliciousness.
- Consider using a variety of fresh fruits or fruit sauces like strawberry sauce or blueberry sauce to add a fresh, tangy contrast to the rich cheesecake.
- For the crust, why not experiment with Graham Cracker Crust, Nilla Wafer Cookies, Oreos, Golden Oreos, or Biscoff cookies? Each brings a unique flavor and texture that compliments the banana cream filling beautifully.
- While over ripe bananas are often recommended for banana recipes, this recipe benefits from using yellow bananas. Spotted bananas can change the color of your cheesecake, so fresher bananas keep it looking and tasting perfect.
How To Store Leftover Banana Cheesecake Recipe?
Store your leftover cheesecake in the fridge by wrapping individual slices or the entire cheesecake in plastic wrap or placing it in a large air-tight container.
It stays fresh for up to 3 days. Remember to remove sliced bananas on top to prevent browning and add fresh slices when serving leftovers.
Can Banana Cheesecake Be Frozen?
Freeze the cheesecake factory banana cream cheesecake in individual portions, wrapped well in plastic wrap and then in foil. These slices can be kept frozen for up to 1 month.
Thaw in the fridge before enjoying. Do not freeze with banana slices on top; add them fresh when re-serving.
This delicious dessert features the best buttery graham cracker crust, a smooth and creamy banana cheesecake filling, all topped with whipped cream and banana slices.
It’s the perfect dessert option for any occasion, from summer potlucks to Christmas dinner.
FAQs About Cheesecake Factory Banana Cheesecake
1. How Do You Keep Cheesecake Moist?
For a moister, creamier cake, turn off the heat when the center’s still loose and let it cool in the oven. A water bath during baking helps moderate the temperature.
2. How Long Before Serving Cheesecake?
Let the cheesecake sit in the turned-off oven with the door cracked for about an hour, then cool completely on the counter. It needs four hours or overnight in the fridge before slicing to achieve that velvety smooth texture.
3. What Is The Best Way To Store Cheesecake?
Cheesecake should be stored in the fridge to maintain maximum flavor and for safety reasons.
4. Can I Put Cheesecake In The Freezer?
Yes, you can freeze cheesecake. If you’ve made one of these beautiful desserts and have leftovers, definitely freeze it.
5. How Do You Store Cheesecake Overnight?
Since cheesecake can absorb odors, wrapping it correctly is crucial. Wrap it in plastic wrap and then place it in a storage container to ensure the best flavor.
More Healthy Recipes
- Banana Walnut Bread
- Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes From Cake Mix
- Chocolate Chip Gooey Butter Cake Recipe
- Bubble Room White Christmas Cake Recipe
- Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Stack Cake Recipe
- Chocolate Cake With Mousse Filling And Ganache
- Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Filled Cupcakes