Baked chicken nuggets without bread crumbs—a healthy lunch and dinner dish, this recipe is ready in 30 minutes without frying!
Both kids and adults will love these gluten-free, paleo, and keto chicken nuggets without flour. The oven baked nuggets are crispy and mouth-watering, and you can effortlessly make them ahead and freeze them.
Baked Chicken Nuggets Without Bread Crumbs Recipe
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 large egg
- 3 chicken breasts cut into chunks/nuggets
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 420º F.
- Take a medium-sized bowl and mix the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and tapioca starch in it.
- Take another medium-sized bowl and whisk the egg in it.
- Put all the homemade chicken nuggets with ground chicken into the container with the egg. Pull them out one at a time and drop them in the bowl with garlic powder and starch.
- Make sure all the chicken pieces are wholly covered and then place them into the baking dish.
- Use one hand to pull the nuggets out of the egg and the other for covering them in the dry mixture.
- Drizzle oil on them and put the baking dish in the oven. Bake for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- When cooked, the baked chicken nuggets without bread crumbs should be golden brown and crisp. Bring them out of the oven and let them cool for some time before serving.