This apple crumble pie with oats is one of my favorite desserts. It is jam-packed with tender apples, warm spices, and topped with crunchy oat brown sugar crumble.
Healthy oatmeal crumble topping makes it a complete perfection. You can serve this delightful dessert with vanilla ice cream.
Apple Crumble Pie With Oats Recipe
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter cold, cubed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3lbs baking apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Put the all-purpose flour, salt, and sugar in the food processor and pulse to mix.
- Put butter and beat until the butter pieces are about the size of a pea.
- Combine cold water and pulse until a dough forms. The dough should not be wet or sticky.
- Shape the dough into a disc and cover it in plastic wrap. Put it in the freezer for at least 60 minutes. It can also be frozen for several days.
- To make the apple pie, dust some flour on the surface and roll out the dough. It should be 2 inches bigger than the pie you are utilizing. Cut and crease according to your desire and freeze until you are ready to fill.
- To make the apple filling, add sugar, all-purpose flour, cinnamon, and apple slices in a medium container. Then, spread the mixture into the prepared pie crust.
- For the crumble topping, take a medium-sized dish; add flour, brown sugar, and oats in it.
- Put cold butter cubes and use a fork to cut in the butter until the mixture looks like oatmeal cookie dough. It should stick to your hands when you press it.
- Pour the apples into the pie crust. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the crust is golden.
- Wrap with foil and continue baking for 45 to 60 minutes or until the filling is bubbly and the apples are juicy.
- Let apple crumble pie with oats cool for at least 1 hour before slicing. Refrigerate leftovers up to 2 to 3 days.