This apple crumble pie with oats is one of my favorite desserts. It is jam-packed with tender apples, warm spices, and topped with crunchy oat brown sugar crumble.
Healthy oatmeal crumble topping makes it a complete perfection. You can serve this delightful dessert with vanilla ice cream.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE SALES LINKS. PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLAIMER POLICY FOR DETAILS.
How Do I Crisp An Apple Crumble?
To make it crisp, first, heat it in the oven so that it is heated thoroughly, and then leave it in the oven for 15 minutes so the crown becomes crunchy again. Apple crumble can be very loose, if you don’t utilize a pie crust on the bottom.
How Do I Stop My Apple Crumble From Sinking?
You should use butter to stop your apple crumble from sinking. It is the magic ingredient that makes the crumble brown and crisp. If you feel your apple pie crumble topping with oats is drier, add some melted butter.
Can I Leave Apple Crumble Out Overnight?
Yes, you can leave it at room temperature for two days.
How Do You Know When Crumble Is Done?
Bake your one crust apple pie with oatmeal crumb topping for about 30 to 45 minutes. The apple layer should be bubbly, and the crumble’s surface should be golden brown. If you are using a large baking pan, check it closely because the crumble may take 5 or 10 minutes less to bake.
How To Freeze Apple Pie?
Freeze A Baked Apple Pie
Bake the pie thoroughly and freeze to heat and serve later. After baking, allow it to cool slightly, cover in a plastic wrap tightly, and put on a shelf in the freezer. You can freeze it for 3 to 4 months, when you want to serve, heat it in the microwave and bake until warmed through.
Freeze An Unbaked Apple Pie
If you want to freeze an unbaked apple pie, prepare it wholly and freeze it before baking. Wrap in plastic wrap and then tin foil. Put on the freezer’s shelf and freeze for 3 to 4 months. When you want to serve, heat in the microwave and bake until medium golden brown for 20 minutes.
Apple Crumble Pie With Oats Recipe
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter cold, cubed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3lbs baking apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Put the all-purpose flour, salt, and sugar in the food processor and pulse to mix.
- Put butter and beat until the butter pieces are about the size of a pea.
- Combine cold water and pulse until a dough forms. The dough should not be wet or sticky.
- Shape the dough into a disc and cover it in plastic wrap. Put it in the freezer for at least 60 minutes. It can also be frozen for several days.
- To make the apple crumble pie recipe with oats, dust some flour on the surface and roll out the dough. It should be 2 inches bigger than the pie you are utilizing. Cut and crease according to your desire and freeze until you are ready to fill.
- To make the apple filling, add sugar, all-purpose flour, cinnamon, and apple slices in a medium container. Then, spread the mixture into the prepared pie crust.
- For the crumble topping, take a medium-sized dish; add flour, brown sugar, and oats in it.
- Put cold butter cubes and use a fork to cut in the butter until the mixture looks like oatmeal cookie dough. It should stick to your hands when you press it.
- Pour the apples into the pie crust. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the crust is golden.
- Wrap with foil and continue baking for 45 to 60 minutes or until the filling is bubbly and the apples are juicy.
- Let apple crumble pie with oats cool for at least 1 hour before slicing. Refrigerate apple pie crumble with oats leftovers up to 2 to 3 days.
Check Other Amazing Recipes
- Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
- Fried Ice Cream
- French Crème Caramel
- Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- Mousse Layer Cake
- Black Forest Cake
- Chocolate Lava Cake
- Chocolate Yule Cake